Thursday, August 20, 2009

rajma pulav (red kidney beans rice)















Rajma is very healthy.Somehow I wanted to include Rajma in my diet .I don't prefer its curry , so I tried rice.It was tasty.
I served this with side dish plantain fry and cucumber raitha,mango pickle.

My ingredients measure is always for 2 people ,so when u prepare change accordingly.

Ingredients:
  • Rajma-1cup
  • chilly powder-2 pinch
  • salt as per taste
  • water as required
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1 tomato chopped
  • 1 green chilly chopped
  • ginger,garlic chopped-1tsp
  • ghee-1tsp
  • cinnamon,clove -3 piece each
  • rice-1cup(I used par boiled rice, u can use any)
Preparation:
  1. Soak rajma overnight in 2 cups water.
  2. Pressure cook this rajma with the soaked water,2 pinch chilly powder,2 pinch salt, for 1 whistle.
  3. Drain the water from rajma and cook rice in this water .You can add more water to cook rice.
  4. Drain the water from rice and keep aside.
  5. Fry cinnamon,cloves,onion in ghee till its golden brown.
  6. Add green chilly,ginger-garlic and fry for 2 mins.
  7. Add tomato and fry for 5 mins by stirring constantly.
  8. Add rajma and mix well.
  9. Add rice, required salt and stir well.
  10. Your nutritious rajma rice is ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment