Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pakkavada
















Let this be my first post.I never liked this item in India.After coming here I was searching in all shops for snack items..Nothing I liked.Then I started preparing my own .My hubby liked this very much.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup rice flour
  • 2 cup gram flour
  • 1 tsp red chilly powder
  • 1/2 tsp asafoetida
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp jeera powder(optional)
  • Warm water
  • oil
Preparation:
  1. Mix rice flour with warm water to make a soft dough
  2. Add chilly powder,asafoetida,salt,jeera ,gram flour and water to make the dough -dough will be very soft in this stage
  3. Take a seva press with the tape shape lid and put the dough prepared to the seva.
  4. Heat the oil in a tava, and press the seva in a circular fashion to fill the entire oil.Fry until golden brown.-You should be very careful ,otherwise it will become brown color.
  5. Take out the entire circle piece from the oil to a tissue paper and break it into smaller pieces.The picture shows pakkavada before breaking into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment