Thursday, August 20, 2009

My mom's chicken curry-Simple chicken curry

I don't know this chicken curry belongs to which part of kerala.From my child hood to college days I have seen only this chicken curry.My mom knows only this recipe.She got a strong belief that if we dint add water, chicken wont be cooked.In college days if I am trying some recipes by watching some cookery shows she used to tell some bad comments,its sweet...She doesnt like any restaurant dishes.For her this chicken curry is best.

After a long time I am trying this recipe now.My hubby liked this since he is not fed up with this recipe like me.

Ingredients:
  • chicken-1/2 kg
  • 1.5 big red onion sliced
  • mustard seeds-1/2tsp
  • coriander leaves
  • 1 tomato sliced
  • ginger garlic chopped-1.5tsp
  • coriander powder-1tsp
  • chilly powder-1tsp
  • turmeric powder-1tsp
  • coconut oil-2tsp
  • curry leaves
  • water-1 cup
  • salt-1tsp
  • garam masala-1tsp
Preparation:
  1. saute mustard seeds,curry leaves in oil.
  2. Add onion and fry till its golden brown,then add ginger-garlic and stir constantly for 3 mins.
  3. Add tomato and stir once.Mix chilly powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder and stir well for 2 mins.
  4. Add cleaned chicken to the mix.
  5. Add salt,water and stir well.
  6. Close the pan with a lid.After 5 mins open the lid ,add garam masala ,stir well and close with lid .
  7. Since we didnt marinate the chicken,it should cook in a medium heat for 10 mins.
  8. When gravy thickens remove from the heat ,add chopped coriander leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment